Sunday, July 4, 2010

July 4th...A time for family, friends, and being thankful

I was raised to be with family and friends on July 4th...to be appreciative that we live in a free country...to be thankful.  It's a kind of summer Thanksgiving for me and my family.  I wish my sister and nephew could also be here (but look forward to seeing them both within the next month).  We are so lucky to have what we have and live where we live.  I am truly blessed to have my Mother and Father living with me and my three kids.  They are our support.  The kids don't even know how blessed they are.  Our local friends are also a great support: our neighbors are great and our local friends who are able always make an effort to join us when they can.  New friends are always welcome.

Today is a day to realize where we live and the priveledges we enjoy that many other countries do not.  While I am choosing not to get into a political discussion at this point, it is not far from my mind and the longevity of our priveledges as a country does concern me.  But, for now, I plan to enjoy today with my friends that are able to make it, my family that is here, and plan to be thinking a lot of those family members and friends that could not make it.  I hope all are well and hope you each have weather as WONDERFUL as it is here today (high of about 85...AWESOME)!

Happy July 4th!

No comments:

Post a Comment