Sunday, April 11, 2010

Life at the Gardner household, even when it's next door

My Little Girl, Callie, is such a girl.  As of late, she's really into "girly" things.  It's quite interesting, since her Mom isn't, so I just can't figure out where she's getting the interest.  Today (4/11), she was adamant about carrying her purse with her everywhere, yes, even to sandbox while playing outside.  And, of course, she is carrying a wod full of cash (play money only, I hope), and offers to pay you for doing nice things...I personally earned $6 from her today just for giving her a piece of Trident gum. 

All three kids were playing at the neighbor's house (the twins call her LaLa) and they were past due coming home so I headed over to get them.  While at the front door I was immediately dealing with Caleb who was crying loudly about not wanting to go home and how much he loved LaLa, then my darling prissy girl, Callie, starting crying out, "WHERE's MY PURSE?  WHERE's MY PURSE?"  Over and over again, in between the "I LOVE you LA-LAs" I kept hearing, "WHERE's MY PURSE?".  Then LaLa asked Callie if she's looking for the purse on her arm...then all was better...Immediately she stopped crying out and was ready to head home.  We drug Caleb home with him screaming "I lOVE you LA-LA". 

Once we got home, Callie proceeded to her car (with her purse, of course), got in and drove right into Caleb and they were off and running...

Life at the Gardner Household is great, even when it's next door.  

1 comment: