Saturday, April 3, 2010

My How Time Flies...

Wow, where does time go?  It seems just yesterday, I was single and never understood why those folks who worked for me had to leave work to go "deal" with their families.  How inconvenient for me at work...how could they not put work first, like I did?  Now, I'm one of those needing to leave work to be with mine.  Now I understand.  Why didn't I then?  It is amazing everything I now know that I wish I had, when I needed to know it. It scares me how much more I have to learn and the mistakes I'm making everyday, knowing I'll look back one day and wish I had known.

My oldest, Cole (pictured next to the remote at about 3 days old), who is turning eight soon, is about to get braces (at least the first round), loving on girls, able to do for himself (obviously only when he wants to), and determined to instigate the twins. 

The twins, Callie and Caleb, having just turned four and are now potty-trained (finally), determined to get dressed on their own (not to mention pick out their own clothes, even if they don't match), and absolutely willing to do everything their older brother does, even if they can't.  I was looking at pictures when each of them was a tiny baby and realized that time flies and that I'd better stop and smell the roses (as my dear friend Dwayne Hurne used to remind me everyday at work).
As you can see, each of my babies were tiny, but none as tiny as the twins, especially Caleb.  You see he is still a miracle baby to me.  I cannot believe he survived, but so thankful he did.  Now, Cole is just 11" shorter than me and expected to be at least 5'8", pushing 55 pounds and growing out of everything he owns.  Callie and Caleb finally hit the "charts" that pediatricians always compare them to, and they say my little girl might even be 5'4" (which is tall to me) with Caleb likely 5'8", possily 5'10".  Each of them has grown out of their size 2T (the size they were wearing in last fall) through 3T and now Caleb is wearing 4T with Callie wearing some 5Ts.  I don't know how they grow that much in 6 months but they have...no wonder they've been so fussy.

You see, I decided to take the time to write my first blog, influenced not only by my sister and her past blogging, but also by my dear friend Cynthia, who should turn her writing into a career, who blogs on her two daughter's blogsites.  If I take the time to write, I can at least chronical more of my special moments with my family, the Great Gardners...before time takes more of my memory.

So, look for more from me and thanks for taking the time.

2 comments:

  1. Yeah! Love the new blog. Keep them coming. I was just thinking of writing again.. thanks for the reminder!

    May you continue to be blessed with such great and bountiful experiences.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic Amy!! I can't wait to read more!!

    ReplyDelete